Our modern day men fall into three potential modern-day groups.
The first are the “Millennial Males:”
They come from seemingly great homes and communities and the best schools. These are the “Trophy kids” and the “affluenza males”. They are lost without the fundamentals of hard work and lack normal adaptation skills during growth and adolescence. They had no participation in basic childhood jobs and develop a sense of entitlement and unrealistic visions of grandeur. They get bored and lack perseverance and approximately 50% are diagnosed with ADHD and depression. Substance abuse can deter optimal development. They lack “hunting or adaptive skills.” They need to learn the pyramid of succession and the lifelong commitment to excellence creates success.
Secondly are “Contemporary Males:”
They start good and end bad. This group deleted education, parent, ethics, values, mentors and wisdom that start seemingly successfully but destroy themselves through bad judgments and lifestyle choices. This could be Performance enhancing drugs or other drugs. The conspiracies surround the denials as do the lies. Ultimately they fall from grace as they squander the best of opportunities. John Wooden always said “beware of those intoxicated by fame they do foolish things” They become the enviable product of celebrity and winning with a worship culture. Win at all cost. Cheating to win. They never learned that winning is not really winning unless you are victorious. They become complicit enablers to get what they want at all times regardless of price or impact.
The third group is made up of “Contemporary Males:”
They become very successful early in life as performers (like sports or acting). They become injured physically, emotionally, psychosocially and can lead to depression, suicide, broken families, bankruptcy, injury and all of the combinations. They cannot adapt to adverse changes as they have not graduated from school and have not received ‘real life skills”. Most have learned that life is always a journey, as adversity becomes the engine of unimagined opportunities.
Our men of today neglect one basic detail: The win is within. Being victorious in life is discovering what is important and how to integrate this into life.
Let me share with you the prescriptive for the modern day male getting back to the basics!
5) Exercise, Nutrition: By keeping to a daily fitness program, your body will stimulate “feel good hormones” that will naturally enhance your mood. But don’t let a poor diet ruin what strides you have made with exercise—diet and nutrition are just as important for sustaining a healthy lifestyle and finding that victorious spirit.
4) Attitude, Optimism, Perseverance and Hope: Combined with exercise, positivity is just what you need to empower yourself to find and continue a victorious spirit. With a good attitude, you can be mentally ready for any challenge, optimistic about the plan for success, and hopeful for a desired result. Be prepared to focus and never give up.
3) Adventure and Challenges: Both adventure and challenges can create rich experiences that will allow you to enjoy unity with others, an expansion of your cultural and personal barriers, and happiness in your current state. Even with challenges, the rich experiences you have found from various adventures will remind you that your goals are always within reach.
2) Relationships—The Jewels of Life: There are many forms of relationships in our lives. First, there’s family: they are there to help you along in your journey, and will be one of your biggest support systems when you face adversity. Second, a mentor: there is always someone who can provide wisdom, experience, influence, and comfort when you don’t know the answer. Third, you’re TEAM player in life. Life is a team sport!
1) Values, Character, and Standards to Live By: Character can make or break your victorious spirit, so uphold yourself to the strongest values to live by. Strong character and a possession of solid values are what enable you to be a team player. Once you build a strong character, it will work with your values and standards to keep you on the right path to achieving your goals.
Go on, find the flame, and unleash the victorious and winning spirit within you. You were born to do it.