As I enter a stage of being single I have hope of finding love again. Not right now, but in the future. I love being married.
I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~ Rita Rudner
All jokes aside, marriage is that special bond that you share with only one person at a time. The bond of saying to the world, “This person is the one I hold in highest regard. This person is precious to me.”
It’s like being in your own tiny little gang…
The parts of being married that I love:
- Collaboration – sharing ideas between two people with different life experiences
- Inside jokes – things that no one else gets, except you two
- Overcoming obstacles – the sharing of struggles may be difficult when they occur but provide intertwined stories when they are in the rear view mirror of life
- Touching – all of the small intimate touches that only people who have been with each other for a while know and share
- Family rituals – simple routines which build over the years showing trust, love, and caring
- Differing opinions – the richness of bringing together two lives and the growth that occurs when we see the world through another person’s eyes
As much as people put down the practice of marriage, I’m a huge fan. My optimism in this area will never die.
Which is why you’ll find me open to love again after my two year affair with myself…