First I want to let you know that I have nothing against marrying a trophy wife as long as it is your first marriage. Some of my close friends are trophy wives (or were, they are my age now). The difference is their husbands knew from the start that they wanted a much younger wife. They raised lovely families together and are still married. I should add that the wives are now feeling a little-stressed due to the advanced age of their husbands, but that’s life!
1. I’m sorry, I don’t get it! I still don’t understand why a younger woman would want to date an older man. I’m older and I don’t even want to date men my age, so why on earth would they want to. Maybe it’s due to daddy issues. Maybe they are just tired of working and want a sugar daddy. After all, how many older men without money, driving crappy cars do you see with hot young women?
2. When we were young (yes, that means you too) there didn’t seem to be as many older men/younger women couples. My friends and I never thought about dating someone older, we were having too much fun with men our own age. We didn’t care how much money an older man may have had. So what does this say about the type of women that are willing to break up a marriage? How long will they be satisfied with you as their prize and how long will your relationship last before they do some trading in of their own?
3. I understand that men are visual creatures and looking at a wife your own age day after day may conflict with your inner self-image. You may think that being with a younger woman makes you appear younger. After all you aren’t spending the majority of your time looking into a mirror, so looking at a younger woman may actually fool you into believing you are young again. It actually has the opposite effect on the rest of us. Seeing an older man with a younger woman only makes you look older. Whenever my friends and I see an older man at dinner with a younger woman, we laugh and say how nice we think it is that a father still takes his daughter out to dinner, they must be close!
4. Maybe you are dating a younger woman due to your full-blown midlife crisis. You might have purchased a sports car and started dying your hair. When that didn’t assuage your ego you probably thought that dating someone younger would help you recapture your youthful, hassle-free lifestyle. Let me warn you, younger women do not come without complications. They may have emotional baggage that a lot of older women have already worked through.
5. Younger women have biological clocks that may still be ticking and they may want to have children. Maybe you think you want more kids to start over again because you screwed it up the first time. Perhaps in your first marriage, you thought you wanted to have kids but when you realized it was hard work you lost interest. If you do decide to have a second family, studies now show that your sperm does age ( similar to our eggs). So if you father children at an advanced age you risk having offspring with Down syndrome, autism, and even schizophrenia. Sounds like a second family may present more problems than your first one did.
6. There are numerous men out there that are more handsome, more mature and more self-confident than you are. Hugh Jackman is a wonderful example. His wife is 13 years older than he is and they have been married for almost 20 years. He is tall, self-assured and absolutely gorgeous, not to mention famous. Hollywood is a hotbed of temptation and I’m sure he has more than his share of invitations to stray, but he puts his family first which is how married life is supposed to be.
7. When you married your first wife, you made a vow of ‘till death do us part, if you are reading this now it means you aren’t dead yet. Grow up!