While searching around on the internet, I came across a fun blog about a Bucket List, and it made me think. The author seems to be a lot younger than I am, and her hopes are high as mine will be. I usually let myself off with:
1. Be Happy
2. Be peaceful
3. Pay my bills with no sweat.
I have decided that like goal setting, it is important to get my wishes and dreams on paper if they are going to come true. I encourage my kids to have dreams; don’t I deserve the same? Here is my first go at my bucket list. Some items may seem petty, and I don’t care. A bucket list is a list of items to do before I die. My goal here is to make myself happy, not anyone else. A bucket list that seeks approval seems pointless; I already do that now.
Emotionally, I know that this scratches the surface, so I will be updating this list as I continue to think about the goal of happiness.
This has been a particularly difficult time in my life, emotionally, financially, and every other blank that we can put “ly” front of. Right now, life basically sucks rotten eggs. Seeking happiness has been difficult.
It is, therefore, time to start dreaming again.
My Bucket List
1. I want to possess a draw full of matching bras and panties… the colors of a watercolor… no more concerns about the price tag, or the potential stains of my Auntie Flow. I want to feel good when I put on, and take off my clothes. In other words, I want to own lingerie, not underwear.
2. Add Nightgowns to the above list. I am tired of sleeping in my son’s old t-shirts. I deserve better.
3. I want to travel to London.
4. I want to travel to Ireland and Scotland
5. I want to travel to Tuscany
6. I do not want to die alone. This is a hard one for me. I just know that I want a hand to hold.
7. Complete my list of classic books. I want the time to luxuriate in the “thithers and hithers” of Jane Eyre.
8. Complete Outlander Books and find my own Jaime. ( Possibly satisfy #6 at the same time)
9. Excavate my wardrobe to only possess and wear items that I love.
10. To Remember why I used to call myself an artist. Painting, sculpting and drawing was a consistent presence in my life. I would like to have the time to spend, as well as the resources to spend on beautiful paints and brushes. A sketching holiday like Lady Mary would be a wonderful way to start.
11. Go to the Canyon Ranch Spa for a week. ‘Nuff Said!
12. Own a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
13. Meet Stevie Nicks
14. Learn to knit
15. Knit a huge wrap out of a soft yarn…and wear it while I read my favorite books, on my terrace, on cool mornings, as I look at Palm Trees.
16. Live in an apartment with a view of palm trees.
17. Learn to not sleep with the TV on because I am lonely or afraid of the dark.
18. Start a foundation for single moms to offer new skills training and guidance
19. Truly believe that I have a lot to offer.
20. Publish a book.
21. Decorate my home with only things that I love… get rid of the hand me downs and IKEA pieces.
22. Get rid of every credit card
23. Live Debt Free.
24. Pierce my nose ( I still have not done it!)
25. Have all my health check ups up to date.
26. Have matching white towels that are fluffy and soft…with matching white sheets that scream rest here.
27. Go Vegetarian
28. Have a place that I am proud to call home, and find peace in that place, and never think of moving again.
29. Spend one week tear free… then count from there… two weeks…
30. Enjoy a monthly massage
31. Volunteer in a neo natal unit as a “baby hugger” for the preemies.
32. Cherish the silence, and not fear the thoughts that enter my head.
33. Have a housekeeper once a month… or maybe even bi-weekly. (It’s my list… I might as well dream big.)
34. Live every day like it is my last.
35. Stop apologizing.
36. Smile every day
37. Make someone else smile every day.
38. Be Proud of my accomplishments.
39. Own a convertible
40. Drive cross country and stop whenever and wherever I want to!
The end…. for now.