Cheers to strapless dresses and awkward acceptance speeches. It’s that time of year again, the Oscars are here! Who will wear what? Will your favorite film win the big one? And, what will Mr. Puck be serving at the annual post-Oscars soiree?
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has nominated nine films for best picture, with the ’70s crime caper American Hustle and the lost-in-space tale Gravity leading the pack with 10 nominations each and the antebellum drama 12 Years a Slave following closely with nine. Also nominated for best picture are Captain Phillips, Dallas Buyers Club, Her, Nebraska, Philomena and The Wolf of Wall Street.
If you need to kill a little time waiting for the show to begin or, during those inevidible lulls in the show, try these Oscars related quizzes.
Oscars Fun and Games:
1. Guess the Dress, Who is wearing the dress? Is it Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, your guess is as good as mine!
2. What’s Your Red Carpet Style Personality? Find out which celebrity is a match for you. Apparently I am “Jennifer Lawrence aka The Sexpot Next Door.” Yep, that’s me!
3. Test Your Oscars Knowledge by taking The Chicago Tribune’s annual trivia quiz.
4. Which 2014 Best Picture Nominee Are You? A crowd pleaser or an indie darling? I got Nebraska. “Feeling a little melancholy? That’s normal for you, Nebraska. It’s not that you have nothing good in your life — it’s just that it’s all a little muted. Try to find joy in the simple things (not booze). And don’t let anyone talk you out of your dreams. Nebraska I’m not! I didn’t say it was accurate, just a fun distraction.
5. Drinking Games: Drinking Games: If you’re over 21 and not driving anywhere (or operating heavy machinery), alcohol can be added to the Academy Awards experience. GQ’s Drunk Bingo encourages viewers to drink every time Anne Hathaway makes “prayer hands,” and drink twice every time there’s an uncomfortable mention of Woody Allen. If you prefer wine, She Knows has suggestions for what to do if host Ellen DeGeneres jokes about George Clooney (take a sip) and if Wolf of Wall Street wins any category (shake up a bottle and spray it all over your guests).