I was trying to remember how long I’ve been divorced and couldn’t. I think based on that it can be said I’ve “moved on and let go.”
I didn’t, however have any problem remembering how long it has been since my last relationship. It has been way to long! But, how do I solve this lack of a relationship unless a man drops from the clouds onto my front porch?
Since I have no front porch and the heavens haven’t recently opened up and dropped anything my way I went to work and came up with a list of places I and you can meet men.
Top 10 Places to Meet Men
1. Through Charities and Volunteer Opportunities: What better place to meet a selfless, caring man? Want a man who cares about others? Get busy doing for others yourself.
2. At Work: Not much opportunity here for me since I work from home but, if you work in an office start scoping out all the successful men around you. Should be easy pickins!
3. The Gym: OK, this is an easy one but one worth looking into. So, don’t forget to check out the hot guys with toned bodies next time you at the gym while feverishly trying to work off those chocolate chip cookies you had for breakfast.
4. Church: You won’t find Mr. Right sitting in the pew but take advantage of any singles groups your church has to offer and who knows, the heavens really might open up.
5. Sports Bars: Think about it. What are you going to find in a sports bar on game night? Men! Even better there will be way more men than women so the odds are in your favor.
6. Your Local Steak House: Looking for a chest thumping meat eater? Where better to find one than your neighborhood steak house. This is another game night place to hit. Nothing like a good game to arouse a man’s appetite. Nothing like a pretty woman to arouse his interest in the opposite sex.
7. Home Depot or Lowe’s: Most guys naturally love hardware stores. It is something in the genes. Check out your local hardware store on any Saturday morning or better yet, sign up for a class. Every woman needs to learn how to lay her own tile. If you get lucky, tile won’t be the only thing you are laying.
8. Local Parks: Not only are walking trails full of men but check out those ballgames that go on in your local park and recreation complex. Take your dog for a walk on a warm Saturday afternoon or sit through an evening baseball game. Fresh air is not the only benefit of spending a lazy afternoon at the park.
9. Barnes & Noble: Looking for a man with intellect or one that can at least read? Hurry on down to your local bookstore. Be warned though, you won’t find a man in the self-help section but check out any section to do with computers and mechanical material and you may hit pay dirt. Striking up a conversation can lead to coffee at your nearby Starbucks.
10. Take a Class: A man friendly class. Car maintenance, cooking, karate, all types of classes that draw both men and women. Find a local wine tasting course. You will learn useful information and can take full advantage of the mix and mingle after the class.