Have you ever found yourself involved in a non-relationship relationship? As in the one in which you hope and pray that the next time you see each other it will be the time when your guy finally says or does something to have you believe the relationship you already know in your heart is not fulfilling will suddenly be? Or the never-ending date relationship in which you date and date and date and then wait and wait and wait for the time you spend together to evolve beyond the formalities early courtship brings?
In both of these cases, you look for signs. Whenever and wherever you can find them. Often with desperation, as you try to justify why you have spent and continue to spend time with a man who does not value you. However, there does eventually come a day, hopefully sooner than later, when we ladies toss aside those rose colored glasses in lieu of a magnifying pair of readers that allow us to see the fine print. Here are 50 signs you should be reading in that dating disclaimer to convince you whether or not the guy you are seeing is indeed serious about you.
1. He tells you.
2. He shows you.
3. He contacts you every day.
4. He responds when you contact him.
5. He calls and does not only text or email.
6. He respects you.
7. He listens to you.
8. He cares about your feelings.
9. He is willing to offer an apology.
10. He is willing to accept an apology.
11. He remembers what you say.
12. He cares what you think.
13. He asks for your opinion.
14. He includes you in his life.
15. He wants to be included in your life.
16. He shares his interests with you.
17. He wants you to share your interests with him.
18. He is eager to explore new places, try new things and share new experiences with you.
19. He takes pictures of you.
20. He takes pictures of you together.
21. He talks about you to his family and friends.
22. He introduces you to his family and friends.
23. He invites you around his family and friends.
24. He shows you off in public.
25. He engages in public displays of affection.
26. He spends money on you.
27. He is thoughtful.
28. He is kind to you.
29. He is formal around you.
30. He is informal around you.
31. He makes you feel comfortable.
32. He feels comfortable with you.
33. He shares his successes with you.
34. He shares his failures with you.
35. He tells you about his good days.
36. He tells you about his bad days.
37. He talks about his future with you in it.
38. He supports and encourages you.
39. He acknowledges your birthday and holidays.
40. He spends birthdays and holidays with you.
41. He gives you gifts (He does not ignore birthdays, anniversaries or holidays).
42. He gives you time.
43. He is concerned about you.
44. He worries about you.
45. He tries to make your life easier.
46. He is there when you need him.
47. He is there when you need him but do not know you need him.
48. He sees your relationship beyond a sexual one.
49. He loves you and is in love with you.
50. He knows you know he is serious about you. And you do.