Men think women are difficult to understand. Crazy even. Have a proclivity for drama. But, really, women are very easy to figure out once men know what makes us tick. And, the best part is, making us happy doesn’t need to cost guys a dime.
1. Call us by our name. Yes, that’s right, each of us actually has a name. And it’s not Sweetie, Honey, or Baby. We want to know that your text message or voicemail is meant for us, and not the result of a misdial or pocket call. We want to know that when you’re with us, you’re with us. Not that you’re worried about mistakenly blurting out the wrong girl’s name. Enough said.
2. Mean what you say. We can tell when you’re not being truthful with us. How? Easy. Your words don’t match your actions. In the end, sweet talk won’t get you very far. And that’s exactly when the drama comes. We can’t help it. We want to know that you like us and want to be with us. It’s when we try to read into and decipher your mixed signals that the crazy comes out. Here’s a tip: Women are only as crazy as men make us.
3. Listen to what we say. Women love a vulnerable guy, and we know guys are very good at showing us that side of them when they want. But the pendulum swings both ways. We want you to listen to our stories, too, no matter how trivial they may sound. Our hopes. Desires. Even better, is if you remember what we tell you. Details matter.
4. Hold our hand. Just to be clear, this doesn’t count as foreplay. We are all modern women, but there’s nothing sexier than being with a guy who makes us feel safe and protected. A small gesture can go a long, long way.
5. Take charge. Be thoughtful. Plan. Arrange. Let us know you considered the time we are spending together in advance. A great date doesn’t have to cost a lost of money. Creativity counts.
6. Be prepared. Remember the old Boy Scouts motto? Well, it can apply to dating as well. Dress for your woman as though you care what she thinks. Women spend a lot of time getting ready for dates. The least you can do is take pride in your appearance. We do appreciate it. And your efforts may very well be rewarded.
7. Be patient. This will likely be your greatest challenge. Women love sex just as much as you do. But staring at our breasts instead of into our eyes, and using sexual innuendo as if we need to be reminded of sex, is a huge turnoff. Instead, be romantic. Be sweet. Flirt. Tease. But do it well. I guarantee if you do, you’ll release our inner sexual beast. Remember, better things come to those who wait.
8. Think about us. Think about us when we’re not together. Actually do it. We’ll know when you don’t. When you think about us, you’ll be concerned. You’ll worry that we get home safely. You’ll ask how our day is going, and really be interested in our answer. You’ll say you miss us, and mean it. And, if things don’t work out in the end, maybe remember us from time to time? Believe it or not, we’ll remember you, too. Each and every one of you. We’re women. That’s what we do.