There’s nothing like losing yourself in a good film when the world is falling apart. Here’s a list of movies that either soothe or vindicate the wounded soul.
- Bridget Jones Diary. Bridget is pretty much the Prime Minister (ha ha, British humor) of the effed-up relationship club.
- The Break Up. No explanation necessary.
- Shakespeare In Love. Yeah, this one has that whole unrealistic romance thing happening, but it’s a good reminder that love is real and so is heartbreak.
- Kill Bill. There is something about this movie that makes me feel empowered and bold. Maybe it’s the bad ass girl out for revenge.
- Fried Green Tomatoes. A cast of independent women who ultimately rely on themselves and their inner strengths to navigate life. Yes!
- Beaches. A friendship that outlives other failing relationships and a chance to get your ugly cry on.
- Me Before You. Because love knows how to be unfair. More ugly crying.
- The Family Stone. This generally belongs in my Christmas list, but it confirms that love doesn’t always follow the neat, orderly plan.
- Hope Floats. Sandra Bullock dealing with infidelity and public humiliation? Start the popcorn.
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Because wouldn’t we all like to erase some memories?
Do you have any movies that come to mind? Share in the comments!