We do not choose the work we were brought into this lifetime to do. That work is your soul signature—your unique expression. Your spiritual DNA.
Your soul signature is who you are at your core—your singular contribution to the world.
It doesn’t necessarily have to do with your career or profession—though it might. It’s more likely about the accumulated essence of everything you have ever been, thought, felt, done, or experienced in your entire life.
There’s no hierarchy when it comes to soul signatures. My soul signature has been a spiritual path. Yours might be coaching young people to fulfill their destiny, or creating something magical from your imagination—a novel, or a work of art—or maybe it is about turning a dream that you’ve nurtured into reality. It is about bringing your unique set of gifts to bear on the world around you. Only you can share your particular soul signature on this earth. It is as individual as a fingerprint and it permeates every aspect of your life.
Being aligned with your soul signature ought to be the most natural thing in the world. And yet so many of us struggle. So many of us are unaware of its very existence. We get caught up in the complex swirl of emotions that govern our lives and in the process disconnect from our truest source. We reject who we are, we reject our true calling. We start to believe, instead, in our limitations seeing ourselves as lacking, less than, imperfect. We allow the heaviness of the past to weigh us down and cloud our innate ability to flourish.
How do you cope when facing family conflict, faltering relationships, old trauma, life-threatening illness, obsessive thinking, and inevitable loss? If you’re like most people, chances are you react with fear and confusion, falling back on timeworn strategies: anger, self-judgment, and addictive behaviors. Though these old, conditioned attempts to control your life and may offer a quick fix, they ultimately leave you feeling isolated, unsatisfied, sad, confused, and even more fearful.
It is my soul signature to help you receive the truth that you are love. You are not what you’ve been told. I wrote this book, Discovering Your Soul Signature, to lead you from fear to love, from denial to self-acceptance. It offers a day-by-day spiritual roadmap—a series of exercises and meditations—to confront unprocessed emotions and reactions and come into a detailed an intimate knowledge of yourself.
You will dismantle, one by one, the emotional blocks that keep you from connecting with your core and come to embrace who you are, as you are.
I begin the book with fear for a very specific reason: we allow fear to run our lives. Fear robs us of our purpose, it stifles our passion, it short-circuits possibility. Our fear shows up in myriad ways—financial challenges, job insecurity, family chaos, or health challenges. How do we stop the panic and worry? By facing our fears head-on.
- Imagine yourself in a house surrounded by a beautiful garden. However, the garden is overgrown with weeds. These weeds represent your fear.
- Visualize yourself on your knees pulling the weeds out by their roots. It may seem scary but know that your fear cannot hurt you.
- You are removing the tangled mass of energy that’s keeping your abundant garden from blossoming. The weeds aren’t wrong or bad. They’re just taking up space needed for your own growth and fulfillment.
Do you remember the last time you were really angry—blood boiling, red in the face, angry? Did you try to contain it, hide it, or ignore it altogether? Were you afraid of the effects of your anger? Stuffing the emotion of anger only creates a dam inside of you, impeding the flow of energy and making you weak, impeding your ability to function at a high level.
- Instead of stuffing your anger down, let it run through your body like a current of energy.
- Think of what happens when you shift your car into neutral. You can rev the engine repeatedly and you don’t’ run anyone over or crash into anything. Allowing the anger to move through you, you’re giving the energy a chance to run its course.
- When anger arises, catch yourself in the experience and realize what’s happening. Don’t pretend your anger’s not there. Recognize it and let it flow through you. Don’t act on it—merely observe it. Watch your anger uncurl like a plume of smoke. To your surprise, the feeling you’ll be left with is one of strength and empowerment.
MINDFUL MORNINGS AND SOULFUL SLEEP
Give yourself the gift of a mindful morning or a soulful sleep.
- Imagine beginning your day surrounded by a golden ocean of energy – the purest form of love you’ve ever felt. Touch it. Feel it. It’s all around you.
- Become excited by the possibility of being in connection with this beautiful golden light. Before anything else, take a moment to do this as you begin your morning.
- Throughout your day, this light is with you and you are not alone. You are connected, spacious, centered, expanded, and complete.
- The Dalai Lama has called sleep “the best meditation”—the place where we can open ourselves up to our most meaningful work. How do we make the most of our sleep? By beginning with an essential: a necessary feeling of trust.
- To feel trust, we must feel supported. Nurture yourself with all you need—your favorite blanket, temperature, pillows, and give yourself over to the unknown.
- Surrender knowing that you are allowing yourself to receive everything you need.
- Sleep soulfully, sleep soundly and let go.
My wish for you is that you come to be the love you are. And that you live that love in each moment of your life, from this day forward.