There are 5 stages of grief when you go through a divorce. The stages of emotion are bargaining, depression, denial, anger, then acceptance. Long before you reach the acceptance stage there is the anger stage.
You go from calling him names, wishing him bad karma to crying tears of anger and asking, “how could he do this to me?”
My divorce is still all too real and I think I have been through all 5 stages of grief and back around the circle again. We all heal in time and in our own way. How long it takes you to get through the anger stage of your divorce will all depend on you. No one person grieves the same.
Have a friend on speed dial so you are not tempted to do anything you may regret the next day. But always have bail money ready just in case.
10 Signs You Are Still Angry About Your Divorce:
1. You post quotes and sayings on your Facebook page from websites like homewrecker.com and make it a public post so he can see it.
2. You have blocked his number from your phone or you list him simply as “ex” in contacts or worse yet, “asshole.”
3. You are angry when you realize he isn’t upset about the divorce.
4. You go through all your photos and take out the ones of him and send them to him via snail mail.
5. You refuse to change your Facebook status to single just to prove a point.
6. You hold off your W2 because you know you have to file taxes together and you want to make him angry.
7. You had his name in a tattoo and you have it replaced with another tattoo on your birthday. You chose a location right across from his employer hoping he will see your car there.
8. You send him a nasty email expressing your disgust for the choices and the way he has ended the marriage.
9. You want his wedding ring back just for the purpose of pawning it to satisfy you.
10. You make sure to tell all your mutual friends what a loser he is and they should warn anyone he tries to hook up with.
The best advice I can give, when you’re feeling angry about your divorce, email yourself what you wished you could say to him. Call a friend and vent. You will have less regret for doing these steps then begging for bail money.